Published on October 13, 2016
for 2017 Marketplace health insurance is just a few weeks away. Here are some important health care enrollment and other dates to remember:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment 2017 starts. This is the first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change health plans for 2017.
- December 15, 2016: You must enroll in or change health plans by this date for your health plan to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 insurance starts if you enrolled or changed plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a .
Get ready today for November 1
- Use this simple checklist (PDF) to gather documents you’ll need.
- Get a quick Marketplace overview with these Marketplace tips.
- 2017 health plans and prices will be available to preview shortly before Open Enrollment starts. Check back soon.