Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 700 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
Our Administrators are responsible ensuring that the depots administration supports an excellent customer service and sales standard. They are able to prioritise their own workloads, have excellent communication skills and are highly organised.
• Ensure that all Depot administration is processed and completed accurately, efficiently and in the timescale required to support the team.
• Deal with both telephone and face to face enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way.
• Liaise with the Credit Control department in response to customer account queries and applications.
• Other duties will include invoicing customers, stock reconciliation, filing, mailing promotional material, reconciling petty cash, data entry and reporting.
• Planning and organising skills
• Experience in meeting task deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
• Able to use your own initiative
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws